I am interested in pursuing a Masters Degree in Accounting online. However, I am not sure which online schools offer the best programs in accounting.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you only interested in getting through the program because you need the degree to either teach or earn 150 hours of accounting, but you aren't really interested in actually learning anything, I would try any of the for-profit schools that have been investigated by the GAO and reported in the press for putting their revenue streams ahead of student education. Despite what we may believe about the role we play in furthering student education, if standardized courses are the norm, and the courses have been dummied-down so that the typical student can pass, those of us that teach at these institutions are simply greasing the wheels of these billion-dollar machines.
We do get paid for it, though.
If, on the other hand, you are interested in actually learning something, then I agree with Avon. Choose a school that has earned AACSB accreditation, although there are also fine schools that haven't been AACSB-accredited.
if you ever want a non-profit or state school job many of them require that your degree is from an AACSB accredited school (and not that alternative accreditation). And I'll tell you why I teach in MSc Education right now - I needed the job. I hate it because
(1) the pay sucks compared to state and non-profit - in my field about 1/2 the pay.
(2) the customer comes first,
(3) sales (oh excuse me admissions officers) admit anything that is breathing and can pay,
(4) we don't have enough remedial courses to bring these kids/adults up to college level (one remedial English and one remedial math - even the community colleges around here back it up and offer more remedial help than that yet we claim we are here for the under prepared alternative student - oh really?),
(5) in any dispute the customer is right and we are expected to pass them,
(6) they substitute mindless paperwork for quality, oversight and common sense. And I don't work for one of the ones under investigation right now either.